Monday 24 June 2013

44. Leonard Cohen



Leonard Cohan and I share a birthday but he is a little older - well, 14 years older: he is 79.  And we both have a son named Adam who is a musician.

But that is where the similarity ends.  I don't have a musical bone in my body, but I know what I like and I really liked this concert.  It was gentle and clever, professional and passionate, rousing and romantic.


The posters that were used in Paris last week.


A photo from his blog: sound check at the Bercy, Paris - 18 June 2013.





The stadium is filling up.


Waiting for the show to begin.


Here we go. 


Six musicians and three singers.



Another photo from his blog - last song before the break.
He performed for 45 minutes, had a 20 minute break and performed for another 50 minutes.


 First song after the break, he played keyboards.


On the big screen - singing Hallelujah - nearly at the end.

 

In a suit and waistcoat, with the hat for the whole show.

What a concert!  What a performer!  What a songwriter!  What a body of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment